Existence of God, Myth or Reality?
- Re: 10th World Religions Conference Prince George, BC (10th Anniversary)
- Venue: Canfor Theatre, University of Northern British Columbia
- Topic: Existence of God, Myth or Reality?
- Day: Sunday, September 27, 2015
- Time: 3:00PM – 7:00PM
Sponsors & Partners
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at Canada
- St. Michael’s Anglican Church Prince George
- The Bahá’ís of Prince George
- Buddhist Meditation Society of Northern British Columbia
- Hindu Community Prince George
- Guru Gobind Sikh and Cultural Society Prince George
- Prince George Community Foundation
- AimHi Prince George Association for Community Living
- PG Express Newspaper
About the World Religions Conference
The World Religions Conference (WRC) is an multi-faith event which brings together well-known scholars from the world’s major religions to speak on a common topic from the point of view of their respective religious traditions. For thirty years, the WRC has served as an invaluable forum for different religious and ethnic communities to gather in the spirit of tolerance, peace, cooperation, and understanding. The WRC serves the noble purpose of educating members of the community regarding interesting and relevant topics by providing a platform where all major religions can pool their collective wisdom and teachings regarding the topic. Continually on the rise in terms of organizational standards, quality of content, and attendance, the WRC has become the largest multi-faith event of its kind in Canada.
With its ever-growing profile in the Waterloo Region and Canadian society in general, the WRC has become a central meeting place for religious leaders and their communities. The conference has had the honour of being noted by prominent figures including the Prime Minister of Canada, and the Chief Justice of Canada, in addition to dozens of other local, provincial and national leaders.
The speakers are specially sought out and invited by the organizing committee to ensure that each faith is represented by a knowledgeable scholar of that particular faith, who does justice to the topic and the religion that he or she represents.
The premier organizer and sponsor of the event is Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama`at Canada. Cooperation and partnership includes several cities, academic institutions, faith based associations, student clubs and numerous other organizations.
With free admission and lunch, and a great chance to learn and meet others from a multitude of faith and philosophical communities, it is a small step to make this world a more peaceful world to live.
Previous Conferences in Prince George:
- Program – Abbotsford Interfaith Symposium
- Moderator – 11th WRC: Prince George
- Speakers – 11th WRC: Prince George
- Map/Directions – 11th WRC: Prince George
- Press Release – 11th WRC: Prince George
- Registration – 11th WRC: Prince George
- 11th WRC: Prince George
- Prince George 2012
- Prince George 2011